Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back to Reality

We had great time at 2 different camp-meetings last week.  We made several excellent contacts and ran into some old friends.  We were greatly encouraged and pumped back up!  We really needed a week of good preaching and fellowship.  It was so nice to soak up such awesome preaching and singing and taking time to fellowship with other preachers and laymen.  God worked in our lives and took care of us, even if we've been too tired to really appreciate it all yet!

We've been in South Carolina all day today (Sunday, August 8th).  We came here because I had a meeting booked over here, but on the way the Pastor called and cancelled.  I had reserved a prophets chamber at a great church in the area, and after prayer, we decided to keep on going and to trust God.  No meetings, just simple faith.  So, we got to the prophets chamber late on Saturday evening and prepared for Sunday.  Sunday morning we had a great time in what I believe to be one of the best churches we've visited in the last year.  The missions Pastor took us out to eat afterwards to a Mexican place and we had a great time.  We got some rest in the afternoon and went to a different church that the missions pastor from the morning recommended to us to drop in on.  The time was alright and we enjoyed ourselves.

Tomorrow we're headed back.  I need to make several calls tomorrow at lunch, while driving back home (about a 6 hour drive).  I'm looking forward to booking meetings in the next couple days with pastors that I've met this last week, and as well as thru some follow-ups I have to make.

We're out of prayer cards.  I gave the pictures and information to a friend of mine a month ago and he told me 2 weeks, but we still don't have the finished product.  Prayerfully, he'll be able to finish them and I can get them printed and delivered by Wednesday.  It will cost us extra money, but we don't have a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment