Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Slowin' Doooown...

So it's been a slow week. We had a great weekend, and came back home late on Sunday night so I could get a good start on Monday morning, calling to Wisconsin.

It's been sloooooow. I sent exactly 117 emails, and made over a hundred calls to independent baptist churches in Wisconsin. I haven't even gotten much of a positive response, either. I've been shooting for June, thinking it would be good to plan that far ahead because it takes about 2 months to completely book an area that far away, and by that time it will only be 6 months away.

I have gotten several replies from churches that tell me they can't have me because of my stand on the King James Bible. I wonder if that's just an excuse or if they really are inviting missionaries in. I've heard I'm planning too far ahead and even that I'm not planning far enough ahead. I've gotten the "don't call us, we'll call you" as well.

All in all, I'm pretty non-plussed. I'm going to keep trying for the rest of this week, and then try somewhere else if nothing comes out of it. I know it takes time, but it almost seems that the timing isn't right at all.

We haven't booked not a single meeting since last week. I'm not discouraged--just stating facts. I'll be busy again early tomorrow and then we're leaving out around lunch to be in our last meeting for the month down in Andalusia, AL.

No comments:

Post a Comment