Friday, September 17, 2010

Miscarriage Comforts

This is the second miscarriage that we have gone through. The first happened just less than 2 months after Erika and I were married. After the miscarriage was a multitude of other problems which ended up spiraling almost out of control, until The Lord in His infinite mercy said "that's enough" and gave us a reprieve. For either of us, it was the worst thing to ever happen and being newlyweds, we were devastated. However, just when we knew we couldn't go further, God's Comforter came down and met with us, dried up our tears and gave us the grace and strength to go on for Him.

This second one was full of grace from the beginning. We had peace and comfort moment by moment. We cried and prayed, prayed and cried, but always knew God knew all about it. We want to testify of just how God truly is good.

The following verses have been of a great help.

Psalm 139:16
“Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect;”
Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee”
Psalm 139:16
"Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect"
2 Samuel 12:23
“…I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.”

God formed our baby and allowed us 2 weeks with him. We didn't know him but we loved him, and look forward to meeting him in Heaven. We are so glad God gave us those 2 weeks and we have no regrets.

Thank you to all of you that have prayed for us.

1 comment:

  1. Our comfort verse after my miscarriage was Job 1:21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

    ReplyDelete