Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Meeting with the Mayor

Everything went very well!  We arrived to find out that the mayor wasn't there, nor does he entertain folks for appointments (how weird...).  However, we had a great time handing out tracts and talking to people there in the offices about Christ and inviting them to church.  Also, we got all of the information necessary to apply for permission to have the "March for Peace," and they told me all I had to do was turn in a written request and I could even have police protection.  Why would I want the police when they're promoting the violence, drugs and instability??  Of course I didn't tell them that but I graciously thanked them for their time.

Very importantly, a man from our church named Fidel went with me to the mayor's office and helped me around.  We went to eat a light breakfast afterwards and had a great time of fellowship and handing out tracts in the restaurant.  After eating, he wanted me to meet his parents (very staunch catholics).  It was very tense and uncomfortable so I tried to be very joyful and light-hearted so I would have an opportunity later to share the Gospel with them (after a good season of prayer).

God's so good to us.  We can't wait to see what God's going to do in the next few weeks with this "March for Peace!"

No comments:

Post a Comment