Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Urgent Prayer Request

We received 2 phone calls in our home this afternoon while I was studying, both threatening.  The last conversation ended with the caller telling me “If you hang up I will come to get you.”  Well, they would come get me if I hung up or not.  They had already recited to me our names, address and obviously had our phone #, and not wanting to continue the conversation, I hung up.

After trying to dispel the worries of my wife, I called my Pastor to ask for prayer.  Then I called my parents, then a few others that I knew I could count on to pray.  After talking again with my wife and praying, I called my mother in law to come get Erika and the kids to stay there for the afternoon until church tonight.

I believe this is a tactic of the devil to scare us away.  It won’t work.  That’s why I stayed and why I will stay.  God put us here to get people saved and to bring salvation closer to the wicked, such as this man.  A man got saved in our house last night after coming to study the Bible.  People are getting saved, right with God, making positive decisions for God and I declare, as Nehemiah “I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it...?”  I say with the Psalmist in 56:3 “What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.”

Please pray for God’s will to be done, and that whatever the outcome, I will bring salvation closer to the wicked (Psalm 119:155).

~Chris Lanier
Missionary to Arteaga, Mexico
(256) 797-2546
cclanier@gmail.com
missionarychrislanier.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. We are praying for you all.
    Our church family is lifting you up in prayer, too.
    Praise the Lord as we are under the shadow of His wings.
    In HIS almighty love,
    Durciks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to all! We're doing fine. No one has come so far that we know of and we're trusting God to continue to protect us. God bless!

    ReplyDelete